Saturday, December 6, 2008

PooPoo Problems

I have been told to add to the things to do list below that I have been going to PT three times a week for this silly ankle! It is doing so well!

Anyway, on to the topic of importance for the day! This morning I was getting all of the kids and myself ready to head to Ruston for a birthday party! I had my shower and thought the kids were dressed when I realized I hadn't seen or heard the littlest one in a minute or two (they crawl away so fast!) I sent Ann Cherie to help me on the search and immediately I hear, "Mom, you better get in here!" Well, needless to say, M had just gone potty and failed to flush or close the bathroom door. Seeing that babies have a sixth sense when it comes to knowing that there is an adventure door opened that is otherwise always closed, L ventured in to play in the poo in the potty. "Not to mention that she could have drown"- as Nonnie adds, she was busily squishing a big ole poopoo ball in her hands with dirty water down her shirt (very happily, mind you!) Naturally, feeling like the WORST mother in the world, I jerked her up, turning on the bathtub water and yanking off her clothes as quickly as possible. I suddenly jerked off her diaper as I felt something quishy touch my body and slung poopoo in a line across the tub! She had poo'd in her diaper as well and not knowing, I had jerked it off of her only to spread the mess! Meanwhile the other girls are standing directly behind me hollering, "Mom, there is poopoo on L's face. Mom, there is poopoo on the rug. Mom, there is poopoo on the tub. Mom, there is poopoo in the tub. Mom, the water is about to reach the poopoo. Mom, the water just got the poopoo....."(I know you get my drift, right!) It was a nightmare! I was already late to meet Frankie for lunch to be able to head to Ruston and now this! Now, I am sad to admit that if this had been a church day, we would have just stayed home! You know you are laughing because you would have done the same! That walking out the door and the walls fall off the sides of the house feeling! SO MUCH FUN! Anyway, I had to tell this story in order to continue to provide the abstinence birth control for my single friends! HAHA! We did all make it out of the house clean and cloroxed! As well as the bathroom for any of my friends that may dare to venture to visit anytime soon! HAHAHAH!

I must also mention the wonderful acts of kindness performed in Vivian, LA, today! I must say that I do poke fun at this "near the middle of nowhere" farm and the surrounding communities that I live in, but it truely is all in my prior ignorance and meant in jest! Today I witnessed the goodness that people possess come out tenfold- teeth or no teeth! The First Babtist Church and Helping Hands painted a house in Vivian today for a ninety year old woman that no one even knew occupied the home. It looked brand new afterwards! I saw the packed front yard of cars and the hard work on my way out of town and felt nothing but great joy. I wish I could say I had been a part of the project. I also ate today at Grumpy's in Vivian, and not only was the food delicious, the cause was unbelieveable. The Jennings family in Vivian is coping with a cancer diagnosis their two year old grandson was recently handed. The boy is receiving treatment at St. Jude's in Memphis. Grumpy's sold fish dinners today to raise money to help financially support the entire family during this great time of need. What a blessing! I have never seen community support the way I saw the cars lined up and people generously buying meals and making donations. It is so easy to get all tied up into the negative politics fed to us about how lazy and disrespectful Americans are, but I cannot believe the rhetoric after viewing an entire community doing nothing today except for giving and caring for others on every street corner. I believe everything is life is done in some long shot way that we may not understand for the glory of God. Those were God's hands, and feet, and aching backs, and arms of outstretched love today. I am proud and thankful for the giving and loving people of the Vivian community.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

OMG! You definitely get my "mother of the year" award (see one of my previous posts). I haven't had it quite that bad YET, but MC has handed me a handful of it one time..after playing and rolling around in it.