Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Christmas Angel

I know I have been fussy this week, and yes, all of those things happened THIS WEEK! I have had quite a week, but tonight my luck changed at the local mall(Wal-Mart). I was shopping for stuff to decorate my candy canes to turn them into reindeer and stuff for the girls school parties and their gift exchanges, etc. When I went to check out I decided to get in the nicotine aisle for it looked shortest (I have terrible luck with this!) It happens to be aisle 7! I started talking to the lady checking out with her two buggies full of yarn (which due to the paper around the yarn they were not scanning so easily!) I told her my mom crochets and she is always carrying her bag of yarn around and so on for a while! Then the guy between us spoke up about how his grandmother quilts and so on. The guy behind me finally chimed in and soon enough we were all talking about all sorts of things. Well, when the guy in front of me finished checking out his total was about $21.00 worth of stuff and he used his gift card so I thought he probably had a couple of dollars left because it had probably been a $25 dollar card. He turned and handed me the card and said, "Merry Christmas, you can spend the rest!" I was gracious and appreciative and said so and wished him merriment as well! He headed on his way, and I started to check out. My order came to $89-90 so I swiped the what I thought to be $3 gift card and the lady handed me the receipt and said, "Oh, what a blessing! I am so glad that I am your cashier tonight because I hear about this happening but I have never been working!" I said, "WHAT, it paid for ALL of it? OMG!" I was in shock. She continued to show me how there was about $10 left on the card and the guy behind me had probably $8 worth of stuff in his hand so I told him to finish out the card because I didn't feel like it was my money to keep! OMG! I still cannot believe this happened to me. So I guess the moral of the story brings back Ann's oft said words of, "Be kind to everyone because you never know when you might meet an angel!" I know we all need to pay it forward this holiday season. I do love the song that asks the question of Mary, "What was it like to kiss the face of God?" I feel like I do everytime I kiss my babies! My kids and my crazy life are truly blessings and maybe it simply took my angel to make me stop and see my crazy life in this way! Pray for us to survive the 30 seven year olds that are coming to AC's party tomorrow! Remember the reason for the season. Hope life is a party on your side of the island!

No comments: