Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Chaos!

Whoever invented the word "holiday" (any holiday) should inevitably be locked in a room for a decade with the inventor of pantyhose! There is no rest in sight! I have an activity on the calender from now until like March 20th or something just for Christmas! Granted all of these activities must occur between now and December 25th OF THIS SAME YEAR, but there are enough activities planned to extend to the afore mentioned date and further to this same date of the next year. For example this past week alone I had the Casting Crowns concert on Monday night, and I had a tree lighting ceremony for the christmas tree my class decorated that day for the town christmas stuff on Tuesday night, which I didn't make it to because Laura ended up sick. I missed school on Wednesday because Frankie left for Baton Rouge for a meeting and Laura had 102 fever! Thursday night bunco, decorating the home and the classroom and hall outside the classroom for the "holiday", Friday night packing for Saturday party in Ruston, LA..... should I go on? That was this week- and we even skipped church on Wed. night! I cannot keep up! I swear the trash and laundry and dirty bathrooms and toys and books and christmas decorations and presents to wrap and cooking and .... AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I am turning myself into a scurvy pirate and walking the plank! I am seriously going crazy! So to the person who invented the word holiday, next time please inform Webster to add time of craziness, lack of sleep, and immenent loss of funds as the formal definition. And God forbid, DO NOT INVENT ANY MORE HOLIDAYS! I do not have enough hormones to handle another one! (My girls and my husband, it seems, have not noticed or are ignoring the fact that there is a holiday approaching, other than following me around with every magazine that comes in the mail telling me how they want Santa to bring them EVERY ITEM IN THE MAGAZINE. And yes, they do make boy magazines called Cabellas, Brownells, Bass Pro Shop ads, etc. And yes, he does this!) Welcome to holidays on the funny farm!

1 comment:

bethel78 said...

they also have a more sophisticated way for "big boys" to purchase their big, expensive toys - it's eBay, Craig's list, should I go on? And btw - i could purchase all of the kids toys for what one of the "big boys" toys cost - sheeesh!

so, it would seem that someone was a little out of touch with reality while she was out on the farm being mommy and not working outside the home
i have to say, i don't miss working outside the home - notice i keep saying "outside the home" because let me verify that just because you stay home does not mean you are not working!!! could you remind my husband of that -

anyway, can't say that i miss working outside the home too much - maybe a teeny tiny bit
i would say that now i can kind of keep up with housework

but i am definitely not ahead and still just barely treading water
ttyl