Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trouble Part 2...

My friend from high school, Jennifer Sykes, summed the wal-mart saga up better than I ever could have with this facebook response to the link to my blog (I am still laughing):

"And I thought our shopping trips were bad!! My favorites are the old ladies who are giving you dirty looks for something...not disciplining your child, disciplining your child, screaming child, whining child, loud child, candy to said child to stop all of the above, no candy to said child for doing all of the above! I mean, seriously, do not judge me or my child until you have walked in our shoes and lived through our day! Hope tomorrow is better!"

I totally relate to that!! LOL! Thanks, Jennifer! Even my mom (as I moaned and whined about the whole fiasco on the phone for an hour) acted as if I was letting my children take control and how I could do a better parenting job next time. I remember her saying, "...next time I would let them know they were not going to make a peep, not with me. I would dare them to touch anything, if they were with me. I would make them think run and hide around the store if they were with me!" This is the same grandmother who spent $300 last time she was in Wal-Mart with only two of my children and bought everything they could even imagine wanting just to keep them happy! Oh the saga continues! My rugrats...I swear!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You crack me up! We all, as Moms, know what we 'want/should/ could/would' do, but sometimes that is just NOT going to happen. Sometimes they are just going to scream and throw it out in the middle of the store. And sometimes, you are right, you just need to drop them off with their Daddy and HIT THE ROAD!! Glad you got a break. Wishing I had a spray tan of my own!! Hope tomorrows a better day.