Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hot Stuff!

These past three weeks have been a whirlwind for our family! Three weeks ago Mom took the two big girls for the week! They went to VBS in Vicksburg at Nonnie's church and did their week of swimming lesson! They had a ball. That same Friday I brought AC's friend over and dropped them both at Warner Tully camp for the weekend. The next Wed. (two days later) we left for Frankie's convention in Lafayette, LA. We returned from that trip Sunday night. Which leads to this week our air conditioning unit condensor motor or something went out. It has been HOT! Luckily, my brother-in-law came to the rescue and ordered us the part we needed to fix it!

I spent 3.5 hours yesterday at the quick care place (oh, if Carrie and Matt could just live closer) because AC got a BAD inner and outer ear infection Thursday. I knew she was sick when she didn't want to swim Thursday night. Well, needless to say, DOCTORS DO NOT WORK on the 3rd of July! (Now I understand that everyone needs a break...HAHA!) I forgot it was the 3rd until both of our doctor's offices didn't answerwhen I tried to call to get an appointment. I asked Frankie why the clinics would be closed... Anyway, we got her a huge bottle of Bactrim and some antibiotic steriod drops and it looks like we are good to go. But, you should have seen the folks at the quick care place! One lady had tatoos from head to toe and had obviously broken her finger. Of course I have ALL THREE KIDS with me and all three kids found that finger fascinating. Then the lady proceeds to tell us how she lives with her daughter and is separated...you get my drift. Another guy I guess had thrown out his back cause everytime he tried to sit down he would scream and cuss and fuss. My kids loved asking loudly what was the matter with him and why he had a trashy mouth, didn't he know better? One lady, and the last I will mention because enough said you know, had both eyes swollen shut and oozing! She just hollered repeatedly for NOONE to touch her that she had had her grandkids all last week and that's what she got for swimming with them and all this week she's had THE pink eye! Not pink eye, THE pink eye, and god bless her soul she did, the worst pink eye case I 'd ever seen!
I need plenty of prayers this week as I will have my niece and nephew all week! God love them and so do I, but I have to manage to outmanipulate 5 children all week this week. Who needs to be a lawyer when you have 5 kids? Well, Aunt Joy has some tricks and trips up her sleeve. (Yes, I am obviously on crack cause I did say TRIPS!) Happy 4th of July and Independence day! I am headed up the hill to eat burgers, cucumbers,watermellon and some peach ice cream fresh from the Louisiana Tech dairy farm (both of my brothers-in-law are showing out this week it seems)! These are God's ways of showing me I will survive! I even walked my 2 miles this morning...on a holiday...that is certainly worth some extra calories! Love you all and GOD BLESS ALL THE RUGRATS this week!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

wow - you have had a rough few weeks. me too. you should have called us! glad yall are enjoying the 4th! (yes docs need a break too!).