Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Psycho...delic...







Ok, I really am worried about my mother. Today, trying to be mother of the year that I always live up to, I decided it was about time that I tye-died t'shirts with my kids. My mother had given them a nice kit for Cristmas or Easter or some other holiday, and I was feeling guilty for just now getting around to it! Now I am understanding why most people that wore these types of shirts were on DRUGS in the 60s! You would have to be before taking on this project and especially taking it on with small children! First of all, it requires an engineering degree to figure out how to wad the shirts up and put rubber bands on to form the base for the patterns. Then the bottles squirt out the dye at rocket speeds like a high powered shotgun that spreads rapidly and permenantly all over the kitchen floor. (That's another thing- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TIE-DYE INDOORS!) We did have garbage sacks down, but that never contains rocket paint and 4 year olds. Finally, do not wash any clothes that you want to keep the same colors immediately following the tie-dye t'shirt rinse load (See pic of Frankie in his shirt! lol!). Needless to say, I did make t'shirts with the kids today, but my sanity rinsed right down the purple, blue, yellow sink with the remains of the dye! And if my mother EVER gives the girls a crafty kit like that again, beware it could (and will) be regifted to you! I know it's the thought that counts, Mom, but what were you thinking? Love you mom! And God love my little permanently multicolored rugrats!

No comments: