Saturday, March 14, 2009

Smelly Balls!

That title got you reading, didn't it! HAHA! Today I was shopping at the Boardwalk (with all three kids, mind you, and yes, I know I am crazy)! When we were done purchasing Easter shoes at Stride Rite for all of the girls and were walking out of the store, AC yells out, "Mom, are we going to Academy Sports? It smells like balls, and I love the way balls smell!" (Of course, she meant the basketballs, soccer balls, etc. I just hope the other fifty shoppers around us understood that! I saw many a smiling face!)
While we were eating at the Cheesecake Bistro (also at the Boardwalk, also with three kids...) I mistakingly, without thinking, put ketchup on L's plate. She had a fine time sqeezing and spreading before my mom noticed! Yet here again, I get the mother of the year award! I also let M wear capri's today in 40 degree weather to avoid a morning meltdown! She did wear a turtleneck, sweater, and a coat if that makes it any better.
AC threw a nice little tantrum in Academy Sports because I wouldn't buy her shin socks for soccer. (She already has nice shin guards and only needed the socks, and of course the shin socks with built in shin guards are like $10 versus $4 for a two pack of the reg. socks. I know that sounds so chinchy of me, but it all adds up when they have to have the practice outfits (plural), game shorts, game socks, practice socks (different color from game socks), new ball, new cleats, new bag to fit it all in, etc., because of course none of her stuff from last season still works...it all adds up, believe me!) Of course, "EVERYBODY" else on her team (one girl, who is a snob that AC doesn't even like anyway) has shin socks and AC doesn't. I really thought tantrums ran out at say 5 yrs., but NOOOO. I am seeing now that they NEVER are going to end, they simply change to reflect the supposed need of the child. Lord, help me! Anyway, she now has four pairs of nice new soccer socks for the same price she could have had one pair of shin socks. I stuck to my guns and played the "You only wear them one season, and they have to be passed down to your sisters" bit! HAHA~
While we were in the dressing room at Academy, someone stole our buggy. Mind you, as FUN as it is shopping with three kids in tow it is much less fun to do it without a buggy to put the baby in and to have to find all the stuff twice. So to the idiot fool that took our buggy and made me have to gather all of the stuff we had with us and go back to the front of the store with the kids and do all of our other shopping over, may your conscience keep you awake at night. I really am praying for you, I swear, I just hope for your sake it is for you to go to the right place!
Last, but not least, on shopping with the kids, the girls have learned a new and horrible song from another girl on AC's bus. It goes like this, "Hey boys, whatcha doin' in tha ittey bittey car? I tell ya whatcha should be doin' Shut up and drive, drive, drive..." I have not heard the actual song, but I heard it at about 9000 decibals all over the Boardwalk today. How EMBARRASING! You know the other shoppers were thinking, "That's probably the trashy kid who taught the song to my kid on the bus." I was just thinking it was WAY better than the "Bow Chicka Wow Wow" that they had been singing after watching the chipmunks. I wonder how my preacher is going to like the new song tomorrow? These rugrats, I swear!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

oh goodness child. you teach me lessons and you don't even know it. i'm looking forward to what embarrassing things mc will say one day in public. love ya! stay away from malls when you have 3 small children! jk!