Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I have a new "teacher" website!

I know ya'll are all just rushing to see my new teacher website! HAHA! It can be found at http://teacherweb.com/LA/VivianElementaryMiddleMagnet/MrsReger/apt2.stm when you have the time! I haven't added photos, etc. yet, but they are coming!

I had a very "prosperous" day today. My mom told me she has been praying for me to be prosperous both monetarily and otherwise! Well, her prayers were answered in the way of $500 dollars today! I was chosen to receive a $500 dollar grant to buy books for my classroom! I can't wait to tell my students tomorrow! I also got some writing screening grades back that were just fantastic that my students took on Monday! I am so proud of them! I think you need to hear these things every now and again to keep you waking up each morning!

I am super excited about it being HAT day tomorrow! I don't have to get up early and shower because we are allowed to wear hats all day! You are smiling because you know JUST what I am talking about! (Don't worry, I am still going to bathe... and brush my teeth... You know, the ESSENTIALS! But just that...) I love a lazy, late day!

L fell and busted her nose! Even her eyes are purple right now! I was so glad it happened at the daycare! I think they would have called child custody on me without proof on this one! She banged it up just right on the ridge of her nose. I will try to post a pic!

My kids are doing so well lately! I am so proud of them! They didn't even scream much when the tiny country mouse scurried around in the van the other morning! Yes, I swear, A MOUSE! I about had a heart attack driving down the road. AC was reassuring, saying, "Don't worry, Mom. It's just a tiny thing. I don't think he can EAT cha! He might bite the mess out of ya, though". (Dear lord, am I raising my kids on a farm or what? I just hope they turn out alright in the end!) Anyway, I was late getting AC to the bus, so I had to keep driving. I was yelling, "SHoo! Shoo!" as if the mouse could understand English, and trying to drive with the unoccupied leg lifted up in my seat! Oh, mom, I know! When I got AC on the bus, I grabbed my gradebook, opened EVERY door on the van and shooooed him out! M, of course, wanted to keep him to show her teacher! Every respectable parent in the daycare knew about mousey before I had even finished dropping the little ones off! That little rugrat, I swear, and I do mean M on this one (the child, not the mouse)!

2 comments:

cherie said...

The mouse story needs its own heading. Love ya!!

cherie said...

It is too funny. We need to get this stuff published.