Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"3 times daily"

OMG, I am sooo crazy worn out! We have finally finished our back room! TTL! We got Ann Cherie moved into her private suite (for that is what it deserves to be called after all the money we ended up spending) in time for her to catch MONO! If you have ever had a child with MONO you understand! She is too tired to breathe, yet her sisters will not leave her alone. Plus, she can't go to school again until next week, (she has been off all this week). She can't do PE for a month and no contact sports for six months. She has blood drawn every few days to check her liver and spleen, etc. It is crazy. Top that off with Maggie's ear infection and L's rash (had her Derm. appt today) and you have Mommy in a straight jacket. Now if I can just keep all the meds and creams and soaps and drops, etc., straight for all of them... Plus, momma was coming over to help keep AC (so that we wouldn't have to take off the next few days) and her car kicked the bucket about two hours into her trip, so needless to say, she is dealing with getting that fixed and can't come here anymore. I know, terrible luck for her, eh. She was coming because Big Frank has had the stomach flu the last 72 hours, so we were trying to avoid needing him to watch AC to pass that virus on to add to our list. (Plus, how crappy would that be to have Mono and get the flu...) Well, Frankie had to read for "Reading with Heroes" today at my school, and since Mom was all the sudden out of commission Big Frank and AC got together after all and watched movies and napped all day. I'm sure it was hard on Big Daddy, but we'll just pray for him and that we all don't get the stomach bug. On the ride home from taking L to the Derm. appt today we drove through a hail and tornado storm. I will have to check my van in the morn. to tell whether there is damage or not. L's dermatologist I am sure has never had children and for sure never multiple children in one household. She gave us two creams (that are "3 times daily" creams- you know how hard it is to remember "3 times daily"), a special lotion, and a special cleanser. I am to bathe her alone each evening, apply the special lotion, allow that to dry and apply the first cream, allow that to dry and apply the second cream. The two creams I am to do "3 times daily" (did I already emphasize that). I do all that in hopes that the creams don't aggrevate her excema which will reek havok on the mulloscum and we have to start all over with different creams. Did I mention it took 2.5 hours to be handed this diagnosis. That does not count the 1.5 hours in Target following the appt. to try to get all of these "3 times daily" creams. GEEZ! "3 times daily" I just want to cry and scream and trade my profession for drug dealer/ drug quality control tester. I swear, I am not making all this up. This is just in the last two days of my life, most of it today. Did I mention the mound of laundry and dishes that never tend to fend for themselves. My rugrats have officially worn me down.

No comments: