Monday, February 16, 2009

Polar Plunge 2009 Update




Ok, I am officially not the only crazy person in my family, and people in the south are not the only ones that do silly things for money...hahah! Here's what my Aunt Sharon from Annandale, VA, sent me this week via email... I love ya'll!


"We all participated in the Polar Plunge which is a goofy
fund-raiser for special olympics. The idea is to dress up
like a nut and run into the ocean in February!!! It was such
a beautiful day, but the water was a bit nippy....a balmy
38 degrees! But it was great fun and the entire group of
"plungers' raised over $900,000 for special olympics...not
bad for an economy that's pretty awful right now. Our team
was the Hog-sicles and it was me, Kathy, our nephew
David (Robbie had to "conveniently" work that day) and the
boys girlfriends, Sara and Jessica. Kathy's husband, Rich
was our official photographer. "




No comments: