Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Student- Future pimp...??? Never...

My six year old first grade student walked in yesterday exclaiming, "Mrs. Reger, don't panic! Your flowers are coming!" "My flowers, huh?" I asked him! "Yeah, don't you know that I have to give a flower to all my women on Valentine's Day, it just ain't right not to, but my momma had to go pick them up." "All your women, of course, huh... go sit and get busy on your journal," I replied. An hour later my principle comes in carrying a bouquet of roses and annouces they are to be given one to each girl including the teacher! So my little man jumps up and says, "Uh, Mrs. Tolbert, I always tell my momma to bring some extras in case I forgot a woman, so you just hold on and let me count to see, I know I have got one for you." (I am trying so hard not to laugh!!!) Of course he had an extra, so he handed her the rose and said, "Now, I'm gonna need a hug to go with that. You can't (pronouced Kain't) give a woman a flower without at least getting a hug!" My ever so sweet, penecostal principal looked pale, but mustered through with a sweet hug and a beautiful rose! (I am definitely laughing out loud now!! Oh, if his daddy could only read this blog...) Thank you to my sweet student for his thoughtfulness~

No comments: